Wednesday, November 19, 2008

John Borrack

Baz Luhrmann's movie 'Australia' premiered yesterday here in Sydney and by all accounts it is a very beautiful film capturing the enormity and beauty of the outback. So I though it would be timely to include a post on John Borrack who is an acclaimed Australian landscape painter.
A friend of mine inherited two lovely watercolours from his father which I still covet every time I visit their home. The thing was that the artists inscription was hard to read on both paintings and my friends didn't know who had painted them. It took a lot of internet time entering different possibilities but finally I found http://www.johnborrack.com.au/
If you were brought up in Ireland, as I was, the Australian outback is very different - different trees, different colours and different light and I think John Borrack's landscapes capture that uniqueness.

Sun and Cloud, Kakadu, NT by John Borrack


Violet and Red by John Borrack

No comments: