Monday, February 8, 2010

I could do that . . .

Recently I actually made something with a sewing machine - not a big thing for most people but a first for me and I was very proud of myself. A friend kindly trusted me with her machine and with some practice runs and a lot of referring to the troubleshooting section of the handbook I made a blind for my kitchen door.

So, now I have new category in my folder of ideas - the 'I could do that' category, all of which so far are rectangular because of current level of sewing skills. I think I might be able to manage a cool cushion like this one - and so much more practical than pile of different sized pillows.

Image: Lucy Berridge via Desire to Inspire

3 comments:

Kohler said...

It's certainly a beautiful cushion. Best of luck.

Jenny Butler said...

That is an ace pillow! Congrats on the sewing, it's really fun once it stops being scary and your confidence builds.

Goose Down said...

Great job don by.I like that pillow it's very nice and fashionable. I would like more here from you.