Friday, September 11, 2009

World Exclusive !

Well - I'm not sure I'm ready for the world yet but here is a little peek at my latest assignment for my interior design course. The brief was to design a contemporary light fitting and design a room around it with at least 3 walls - no other constraints.

So here is my light and room. The light is inspired by tripod lights and oversized spotlights and is designed to tie in with the wallpaper which I also had to design earlier in the year. The wallpaper had to be based on a man made object, mine is based on a kitchen S hook and the little sculpture on the console is a twisted S hook (I had to get my husband to bend it for me). The photos are iphone photos so quality is little grainy.


Lets hope I can make the jump from dolls house design to real life rooms one of these years !

Images: Folder of Ideas

3 comments:

Jennifer, Decorum said...

They're fabulous Sheila. Well done.

The House That A-M Built said...

OMG it's fabulous Sheila. You are so clever. I love it! Well done. I hope you get top marks. A-M xx

Lorna said...

Wow, that is brilliant, well done. How far are you along with your course?